CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Good Bye City Life!

We spent the weekend in Cestohowa. Billy's cousin got married and if you've never been to a Catholic, Polish wedding, then you are missing out! These things go on for an entire day. It's so much fun, especially if you are into drinking ALOT. But I'm here to say, it's still fun if you do not drink. But dancing is a MUST. As soon as the bridal party arrives, the bridesmaids come around with bottles of hard alcohol and sell shots for $1. The money is collected for the honeymoon. They didn't do so well at our table. But did very well throughout the rest of the hall. Then the older Polish people go around banging a pot and singing a wedding blessing song, I would attempt to spell it, but I have no idea where to start. My in-laws were the lead singers for the song, Grandpa is a wonderful singer. Anyway, while the song is being sung, people throw money in the pot for the couple's new life. Although our wedding day was a simple Church of Christ ceremony, complete with finger foods, unspiked punch, coffee and wedding cake, we did have a throw down after our honeymoon. It was complete with the old traditions minus the bridesmaids selling shots. I didn't think my girls were too keen on that idea. They did; however, collect enough money for a washer and dryer during our Polish song!

My favorite highlights of the weekend were the Grand March, the Cotton-Eyed Joe, and all the waltzes with my hubby. We spent the night at our farm in Kosciusco and rode dirt bikes on Sunday. I don't usually like to go to the farm, but we were right there, and I missed these little babies.
I used to get sad when the plan was to feed them and then load a couple up and sell them. Now, it's old hat. When we drove up, we just missed a baby calf being born. That was a such a treat to see it try to walk for the first time. I'm sad the boys missed seeing it being born....I think?!?!
This one was the pick of the day.

We also had time to ride a little. Don't ask me what I was thinking striking a pose with all my gear on. Pink gear! I have to remember that I'm a girl with all these boys around me all the time. I'm such a dork!

Although I enjoy getting away and going to the farm, I still call "1st SHOWER!" on the ride home. I'm a city girl at heart.

2 comments:

Adam said...

That's a great pic. You should've said it was Billy or Ty in your gear, though. :) I'm doing well -- taking a couple of classes and teaching one. It's keeping me busy, but I'm still going to find time to do a little traveling, hopefully to San Antonio in a few weeks to see Sara. :) Good hearing from you.

elizabeth said...

My mom's family is Irish Catholic from New England and my dad's family is southern church of christ. I bet you can guess which weddings are more fun! I am so sad that I only have one more single cousin!