Today was date day with Billy, as all our Tuesdays usually are. This time it was my turn to pick what we would do. So, our day started at the gym, his favorite thing to do (cough, cough) and then to eat at Papouli's Greek Grill. I love this place! I knew they were a chain but I didn't know they were only in San Antonio. Most chains around here have the names El Taco, de Jalisco, #4, Las,or any combination of those . Which is where Billy takes me on his Tuesdays. I still prefer to eat on a safe side of town. When he takes me to his hole- in-the wall joints, we cross WAY too many streets that are on our nightly news for drive bys and other assorted crimes. It's hard enough to stomach those greasy tacos, but to top it off with one hand on my purse and a straight shot at an exit, it all doesn't mix well. But I have to admit, the prices are considerably lower on that side of town. So if you are ever visiting the lovely city of San Antonio, don't eat on the River Walk...just watch the news and head that way for some good cheap eatin'! FYI, tea is included in the price~ If you're in to Russian roulette with your life. I'm kidding~ sort of. Just go in the daytime when all the crimies are sleeping off the night before. But one time, I did see a "Blue Plate Award" from our local news for perfect score from the Health Department. Didn't see one at Papouli's. But then again, I wasn't looking for one.
Speaking of eating.....
One funny about Mason. That kid was 10 lbs,9 ozs and 22 1/2in at birth, so needless to say he was a chunk from day one. He's not fat now, but he's not able to wear his big brother's hand-me-down slims either. He had a gift card to Blockbuster from his birthday so we took him yesterday to buy a movie. He got a movie and $10 worth of candy. I told him there was no way he should eat that whole amount of candy today! I had no doubts he could, but there was no way I was letting him. Lately, I have been making everyone look at the serving sizes on the nurtrional side of food boxes and just eat the serving size. Well, here is his response to the bucket of Gummy Worms. "Mom! They have NO fat in them and the serving size is 23 worms!" So yes, he sat there and picked out 23 Gummy Worms and had a ball. Then he went to the next box Mike and Ike's. OK, he's got the serving size thing down, but we don't have to eat everything in the house's serving sizes. He's on a mission. Lord help my grocery bill! We went to IHOP or as Tanner calls it "IDOG" and Ty and Mason both got the all you can eat pancakes that also come with a platter of hash browns and eggs. Let me just say, our waitress was getting a bit sick of us requesting yet another plate. 3 plates of 3 pancakes per boy. Looks like Billy is going to have to hit some overtime instead of date day when these boys get bigger. HELP me! 3 boys with bottomless stomachs. Aye Yi Yi! This just in! Gummy Worms and Mike and Ike's are gone. Self-control is a virture that he has yet to master.
Tuesday, January 22, 2008
Born to Eat!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.jpg)
1 comments:
Oh Mason! Sour Gummies - try Necco Candy Conversation Hearts. You can have 43 for 160 calories, no fat, and good crunchy times.
Post a Comment