CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, January 24, 2008

Fiber One Won

This morning, like most, was a blur. I have such bad allergies with Mountain Cedar that my debilitating sneeze attacks make me more groggy than usual for our morning rush. Billy goes to work at 4:45am, so I HAVE to get up and get going and drive the boys to school. To add to this chaos, Tanner got up early too! He usually sleeps until we are ready to leave, then I get him up. Well, in the midst of getting 3 breakfasts ready, 3 lunches packed and trying to sip some go-go juice into me, Ty said, "Can I have another muffin please?" This boy can eat in the morning! I looked and saw that all I had given him was gone and I saw two extra muffin wrappers on the counter in front of him. "Did you have 3 of those?" He said, "Yes, mam. They are delicious!" Uh oh! I made these: Yogurt-Bran Muffins These are so good! But the Fiber One cereal in them is a hum-dinger. I hesitated to tell him as to not plant any ideas, but I felt it necessary to let him know the effects of consuming that much fiber at one sitting and weighing in at a whopping 72 lbs. The end result could be devastating to say the least!

I had a doctor's appointment that I had already confirmed and have been waiting to go to for over a month. I had just sat down in the waiting room and opened my book when, there goes the cell phone. Sure enough, the clinic was calling with Ty in the office for the 2nd time complaining of a stomach ache. I tried not to laugh into the phone. Not because I thought it was funny, but it kinda was funny in a predictable way. I really did feel sorry for him, but there was NO way, if at all possible, I was leaving my doctor's appointment that took 40 minutes to get to. So I told the nurse that I was in fact at a very important doctor's appointment in the Medical center and I would have to get my emergency contact to come get him. So, once again, Nana to the rescue! I love having my mom right around the corner for times like these. I felt like a horrible mom, but I was already in my doctor's office and I knew exactly what was wrong with Ty, so I made a selfish, not-so-good-mommy decision. He was fine with it, but I felt bad. I rushed home after my appointment and all was well. It wasn't, but it got better. Poor guy! Maybe he'll ask for permission when he eats anymore muffins around here.

5 comments:

Jacinda said...

Gosh! That's hilarious! I am laughing, laughing, laughing!!!!

Meredith said...

Have you tried the Fiber One muffin mix in the box? The apple cinnamon is great! My 9 year old son did the same thing. He learned his lesson!

Meredith

Aggiema (Michelle) said...

Poor thing, maybe he won't eat so many next time! Stop beating yourself up, Ty was perfectly fine with his Nana till you made it home. I doubt any long lasting damage was done! You have to take care of your needs too! Hope your allergies get better. I finally found some Zyrtec today, my prescription had run out and I knew it was coming out OTC, so I was waiting it out, boy...I was happy to find some. You might try it, it really helps me!

TMK said...

Oh, I love the mix too! They rock and are so easy to make.

Amy Woods said...

I DO remember you! So awesome that you made yourself known on the blog so now I can "stalk" you too! I love that you contacted AWAA! If I can help answer any questions just let me know!