Sunday was hectic with an extra 5th grade boy who spent the night and time change. That meant that we had to leave for church at 7:15 am. But we did it! Everyone was fed, clean and tucked in. My Tanner bear does NOT enjoy going to Children's church, so I have no problem with him sitting with his "sweet, sweet Papa" during church. Actually, I love it. Our whole family sits together with my mom and I love Sunday mornings. This particular Sunday, Tanner was drawing on the back of our attendance card during communion. He tapped me on the arm and showed me this.
His sweet voice whispered in my ear, "It's Jesus on the cross." As tears filled my eyes, he looked at me and said, "Why are you crying? He did it for us Papa." I seriously thought I was going to have to leave the auditorium because that "boo hoo slobbering ugly cry" was rapidly approaching. Then, out of the silence of communion and the subtle sniffing on my part, I hear another little one in service bust out with "We are the Champions. We are the Champions, of the werld!" I know I shouldn't laugh during communion, but that was funny. Sweet little Nathan's momma didn't think so. I love kids!
Monday, March 10, 2008
Communion Meditation
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.jpg)
3 comments:
Somebody must be teaching that kid something right! You maybe?!?!
That little deacon!! Oh Papa that would bring the waterworks out in me too. I can see you laughing through your tears and it is almost painful that I can't see you in person. Miss you. bad.
Hi I am Beth. I saw your blog from Meredith's. That picture is precious. I have tears coming down now! Kids are amazing! How sweet it is to know that our little ones are learning so much! Thanks for sharing.
Post a Comment