My mom plays heart games and not usually with boys. I realize that title sounds a bit like a Beyonce song waiting to happen, but quite the contrary. She's not dating, so no games with any "boys" or elderly men for that matter. Her heart goes into atrial fibrillation from time to time and she has to wear a portable heart monitor to measure her ups and downs, mostly ups. Anyway, Tanner just picks up the phone and calls his Nana all the time. Yesterday, he called her and I walked in on this: "I just want to come over so I can be the only child for a while." She always approves, no matter what the excuse of the day is for him to get some "Nana time". She literally lives right around the corner, so it's no big deal to take him there and they both enjoy their time together. She had just come home with her monitor on and she called me to say that Tanner was asking tons of questions why she had wires hanging off of her. She wanted me to know what she had told him in case I needed to add to her descriptions to our smarty pants 5 year old. That night, after he came home to be a sibling again, he told me that Nana had a heart monitor on that is kinda like a Gameboy. I acted surprised so I could hear his version of what she told him. Because he is my baby, I like to get real close to him, on his level and usually close enough to give a quick kiss on the cheek every now and then while he is talking. He said, "She sometimes has to wear a heart watcher to see if her heart does crazy beats for a reason or if she is just crazy. But it doesn't hurt and there is a memory stick in it so the doctor can put it in his computer to see what's crazy in her heart." How could I not give kisses for that? Then he said, "Now could you please get out of my grill?" Talk about "game boy". He's playing with my heart now!
I called her to give her his interpretation of the heart monitor. She was laughing so hard, I think her readings will be off! She politely told me that she never used the word "crazy" and she would have been offended if it weren't true! They are two peas in a pod for sure. You never know what will come out of the mouths around here.
Thursday, March 20, 2008
Nana is a gameboy!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.jpg)
4 comments:
Your boys are all so funny. I hope all is well with your Mom. She is such a sweet lady! (just like mine!)
That Tanner cracks me up!
That is too funny! My 2 kids like their Nana time, too. Having moms in the same town makes things a little easier sometimes...for everyone. =)
Sweet story! And a good interpretation of what was going on too...might have a future cardiac doctor on your hands someday!
Post a Comment