Edited with pictures:
If you live in or near Texas, please do yourself a treat and go to Warrenton and Roundtop for their semi-annual antique days. My sister-in-law and I went on an impulse on Sunday for preview weekend. I almost had a mini crazy fit when we drove up and had to grab Linda and squeeze the crap out of her to relieve SOME of my excitement. She didn't really know what to do with me for the first hour with my impulsive clapping and jumping up and down. This wasn't my first rodeo, but it has been about 5 years since I had last been there. If you love antiques, "junk", random items of loveliness or anything of the sort....please go!!!!! I wore my pedometer and we walked 10 miles. I had yard decor in mind and got some yummy stuff to jazz up our garden. I also bought a chaise lounge so I can lounge around sipping on a mint julep in the backyard. I am so happy just thinking about it. Billy is working tonight, so tomorrow he will get to see my lovely purchases. When I dropped off Linda, Robert (Billy's big brother) just started laughing out loud when he opened the door to my Suburban. He said, "My brother is going to LOVE this one!" (referring to my lounger) I think he was being sarcastic, but the funny thing is, his little wife was fighting me for it! So hah Roberto. I always enjoy spending time with my sister-in-law. We are so alike, yet so different. She has 2 boys, a Senior and a freshman in high school. I am not looking forward to subbing in my children's names to everything she was saying about them. They are good kids, but they are boys and their minds get very interesting to say the least! Warrenton/Roundtop Antique days are the first weekend in April and October, with their previews the week before. So head that way all my Texan friends! You won't be disappointed.
Here are some pics of my purchases:This, just because I love iron things. And finally, this antique stained glass.
.jpg)
4 comments:
Round Top is the best! When I worked at Spice Furniture in Waco, the owner always went to RT and brought back lots of cool stuff(which I had to buy, of course!). Such a fun trip! You need to post pics of your purchases.
Love, love, love, love, love, and love! It is all fabulous! I love knowing there is a fellow "junky" out there. My friends buy everything brand new and mass-produced. They don't understand my "junky" side. =)
What fun purchases! Love them. We went to Roundtop a few years back... I need to go again!
I wuv my lil junkyard dog, Tkaylor! REALLY cool stuff.
Post a Comment