CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Seriously!

Well, after 3 hours of IV drugs and 4 visits to the doctor and hospital, my leg is much better! That spider really packed a punch. It developed cellulitis with a staph infection. whatever!

Not 12 hours later, my darling husband took all the boys to the skate park to let them skateboard and he decides to "drop down the bowl a couple of times". Whatever that means. The last time, he dropped alright, and broke his arm in half! The left humerus and being that there is a radial nerve that runs by there, surgery is the last resort. The radial nerve controls the arm, wrist and hand. This happened Sunday and with the holiday on Monday, we just got to the ortho doctor this morning (Tuesday) where he set the bone and put on a temporary splint. He will have to go back every week to reset and re splint (the no surgery idea). I have never seen someone in such pain, well, not him at least. Poor guy! So he is in bed with his pain meds and the remote control for a while. We were supposed to leave this weekend to go on vacation, but that has been postponed. He feels so bad about beginning the summer like this. I'm just sick of all of these bones. Now when I get his medicine in the middle of the night, I bring him a glass of milk to wash it down with! Pray for sanity and safety and our insurance. Let's hope they have enough money to pay all these claims!

My mom took Mason to his favorite store, besides HEB, Barnes and Noble. He got a Bones Book that came complete with a put together skeleton. He has not put the book down and keeps studying the skeleton and showing Billy which bones he could have broken during the accident and the ones he has broken. Curious minds want to know!

2 comments:

Jacinda said...

Tracy, Tracy, Tracy! ((((hugs))))

Aggiema (Michelle) said...

Good Night Irene!!!! Is there a permanent black cloud over your house or what? Man! I can't believe all this! I am so sorry! Hope the pain meds work fast for Billy and your leg is all better. But mostly, I hope that life gets easier for all of you!
Blessings for you, my friend!