CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Everything's Coming Up Roses


Well, Monday was my last day at church. This morning, my sweet husband gave me a dozen pink roses to celebrate. I guess he's pretty excited to have me home full-time again. It was only a part-time job and I was able to drop off and pick up the kids, but I guess he was just ready for me to stay at home. I have to admit, it was nice going to the gym at 9:30 this morning...with no kids. I'm a gym junkie and now I have more time to be there (in theory). Nothing like burning 705 calories in an hour before lunch. I used to burn 700 calories BECAUSE of lunch. As long as I am home in time to cook dinner and do a load or two of laundry, I think I can be a SAHM and a gym junkie.

Luckily, our church just published another cookbook so I have more recipes to play around with. Dinner won't be easily excused now that I am "home" all day. This month of May is CRAZY! Muffins with Mom, teacher appreciation, PS graduation, field day, field trips, PTA program, eye yi yi. Looks like my first full month at home I will spend running in the car instead of the treadmill. But I wouldn't trade it for the world.

3 comments:

Aggiema (Michelle) said...

Free at last, Free at last....Well as free as you can be with a husband and three kids! Congrats, I hope you enjoy your time at home, and at the gym, and at the elementary school, and at the orthopedic surgeons office, etc....

Adam said...

Congrats! I hope you enjoy your time at home and at the gym.

Crazy story: I was at a reception for the English Language Institute (that's where international students take classes when they first arrive) yesterday and a poster caught my eye. It said, "Sakura." It was an advertizement for a poetry month or something. Apparently it means flower in Japanese. Did you know this?

TMK said...

Did I know? Adam, I know everything...I'm a mom. How ironic that you are publishing your poetry and it is poetry month at your school. It's like an episode of Lost...staring Adam Copeland. A sort of boring episode of Lost, but an episode none the less!