CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, May 24, 2007

When Things Go BITE in the Night

I'm sorry itsy, bitsy spider, I had no idea how hungry you were, but in no way, shape or form did I advocate taking a bite out of my leg! We just don't take without asking in this house. Now my boys think that I shoved one of their tennis balls under my skin behind my knee where it's almost impossible to bend/walk. Seriously, that wasn't cool IBS. I used to make my boys just "shoo" you out of the way instead of smashing you with their shoe. I'm rethinking that whole, "don't kill them, just get it out of the way" motto. Off to seek advice. Some solicited, some not.

The good doctor says there's not much you can do with it except:
1. do not itch *oh, ok! easier said than done
2. take Motrin for the pain
3. take Benedryl for the itch *only drawback is it knocks me out cold, so this must wait until the PM.
4. ice, ice baby on the site

The good mom of the mom says:
1. make a paste of baking soda to "draw out" the itch
2. try not to itch *why do people keep drilling this into my head?
3. pray it stops itching and goes away quickly

The "good" mom of the husband says: (she just happened to come by last night)
1. what color was the spider? *well, since I just woke up with it there, I'm picturing it as a pretty little rainbow spider with lots of hearts and sparkles on it. are those bad?
2. you should go to the ER!!! you don't want to loose that leg do you? *yes, I thought it would be an adventure. the only thing I want to loose right now is screaming in my face.
3. drink a hot Toddie *a hot who? they are Catholic and very OK with drinking concoctions to make you "forget" your pain. just nod tell her you'll think about it.
4. do you want some of my prescriptions? *what? weirdo!
*at least she didn't tell me not to scratch it, oh wait, there it is as she's driving away....DON'T ITCH IT!

Thanks to Benedryl, it knocked me into an oblivion and I slept with sweet, sparkly spiders that didn't take one bite of me all night. Thanks Sparkles, could you tell your friends that we're not that tasty and it' just not nice!

3 comments:

Aggiema (Michelle) said...

The ice should help releave the itch, you can also try putting the hottest compress you can stand on it. Something about the heat shocks the nerve endings and makes them unreceptive to the itch signal. Hope the swelling goes down soon.

Ps Hope no one in your hubby's family reads this blog :)

TMK said...

MAK, the only family members that read this know what it's like with the MIL. She means well, just doesn't deliver her message too lovingly. After 11+ years, I just blow it off.

Aggiema (Michelle) said...

are you all better now?