
I know this will be hard to believe, but this is our first cast in the family. Tanner fell off the parallel bars on Thursday at school. He seemed OK so we didn't go to the doctor. The next day, he wouldn't move it so we went to get x-rays. Nothing showed up broken, but certain positions made him tear up and cry. He was so cooperative. The doctor sent us to see a specialist since there was so much fluid around the elbow which was hiding the fracture.They couldn't see him until today, Monday at 4pm! A WHOLE day. Sure enough, one look and she knew it was broke. Time to pick out a cast. He picked out a black cast and I promised to get a silver Sharpie to make it a Spurs cast until he saw the other options.....fluorescent yellow. I mean this thing will keep him up at night with it's glowing. He absolutely loves it! Well,NOW... until it itches within the next 3 weeks. Mason was with us at the doctor and he was about to come unglued with pain for his little bro. But I reassured him that since he was smiling ear to ear during the whole thing, he wasn't in any pain. Then Mason recapped all the "Do's and Dont's" of a cast. Good thing he was listening because I was freaked out. My baby has been walking around with a broken elbow for 5 days! The doctor assured me that I wasn't a bad mom and these things just don't always show up the first time. One the way to the car, Mason was already asking to sign the thing. (in cursive too) Tanner said, "Sure. But keep it small. I have lots of friends." I sure hope this enthusiasm keeps up the whole time it is healing. Wouldn't that be wishful thinking?! Keep us in your prayers....again! My life with 3 boys and a thrill-seeking husband. I just want to do things without a break or blood involved sometimes. 
Monday, April 23, 2007
Yep, It's Broke
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.jpg)
3 comments:
It's always something, isn't it! Well at least he is all smiles about it and no one is going to miss that bright yellow cast! Hope he heals quick!
Love the yellow cast. You should let him dye his hair some crazy color too, just for fun.
Uh Oh! What are we going to do with these little boys! I am convinced we will be filthy rich once we don't pay their insurance copays ;)
Post a Comment