Hi. I'm Tracy and I am an addict...or something like that. Or there's always, I'm Tracy. T-R-A-C-Y (dramatic music)and I'm addicted to the television. As most of you all know, I love me some TV. I could spend, and do spend, ridiculous amounts of time watching the boob tube. I've never really cared what size the TV is, but cable is a requirement. Recently, after many flow charts, pie graphs, thesis papers and numerous other avenues of investigations, Billy purchased a 50 inch TV. I never dreamed my life could get any better, but it has! Who knew Matt Lauer was aging on a dinky 30 inch TV without high-def? Now I know. He's still cute though. Anyway, my addiction was just fed the mother-load of all doses of my drug of choice. We have a new cable provider and I thought I had it all planned out, but with the addition of Bravo, Discovery Health and 4 nick jr.'s and about 1000 other new channels, my life has changed! Here is my old schedule of events either watched in person or DVR'd.
Sunday: Planet Earth, Deperate Housewives, The Apprentice
Monday: Dancing with the Stars, The Bachelor (he's just about adorable!)
Tuesday: American Idol
Wednesday: American Idol results, Lost
Thursday: Are You Smarter Than A 5th Grader?, The Office, Grey's Anatomy
Friday: Wedding Bells, Intervention (see excerpt from intro paragraph)
Saturday: Flip this House: San Antonio or anywhere else they are that episode
Then we're back to Sunday!
These are only the core shows. I have been known to channel surf back and forth from the E!Channel, Mtv, CMT, Vh1,TLC, etc. With the ability to pause live tv, the children are never neglected (she says with a smile). Some people read (blah), some people knit (never), some people lay on their booty and watch TV. I am prouldy one of the few, one of the proud, one of the lazy!
Tuesday, April 10, 2007
OCD w/TV
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.jpg)
3 comments:
I guess I am addicted to my laptop then, I hardly ever watch TV anymore, I liked Heroes but it is on break until the 21st or something like that.
Seems like I am always on the computer though....in my defense I do use the computer like a telephone to talk (instant message) with my mom! Oh well, different strokes for different folks. Enjoy that 50 inch TV, I will be coming round to visit if the Spurs make the playoffs! (and for sure in the Fall for Aggie Football Games!
Isn't it wonderful that we've been able to enjoy Lost without reruns? And what about this past week's episode??? Incredible. By the way, I miss HDTV; you should record the show Sunrise Earth on Discovery HD one morning -- definitely worth it.
You are missing some good shows...just thought I would point that out.....
Brothers and Sisters
What about Brian
FRIDAY NIGHT LIGHTS
What is wrong with you? You MUST add these to your line-up.
Post a Comment