CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, April 21, 2007

Fiesta!

It's Fiesta again! A San Antonio tradition. Basically a city-wide party for 10 days. Every year, the first graders at our school have a Fabulous First Fiesta Float Parade through the school hallways. Everyone in the school comes into the hallways for 1 hour as the first graders pull their floats for all to see, parents come too. Mason finished his "Exploding Cascarone" float today. He is so proud of this thing! He invited all the neighbors to come see it and made me take his picture to print out and frame for his room.
I had never even heard of a cascarone until we moved here. For those who don't know of them, they are a colorful egg with confetti inside. The main purpose of them is to crack them over other people's heads for fun. Silly, right? But that's a cascarone. Mason found wooden tulips at Michael's. He painted them and decided that they looked like cracked cascarones and added "confetti" in the middle to look like it is exploding. Flower halos are big at Fiesta also which is around the box. Fun stuff!

1 comments:

Jacinda said...

What a great float! I remember cascarones! I hadn't heard of them until I moved to TX and probably then not until I moved to Uvalde.....maybe Lubbock; I'm not sure.