Oops! Forgot about this little area of my life. A lot has been going on since my last post. School started 3 weeks ago and I started working everyday again, so "busy" is all I know. 4th grade is full of homework for Ty, Mason has a weekly reading challenge and spelling tests to be ready for, and Tanner,well he's easy. We love his new Pre-K teacher, Ms.Chasity. Mason had her when he was at Northern Hills, so she knows Tanner and know his shyness, which is slowly changing as he gets used to her. She just found out she is pregnant with her #3!
Some other news, Tanner has been sick with allergies all week and Thursday, I stayed home with him. Wednesday, Billy was home with him and decided to teach him how to ride his bike without training wheels, despite all the Benadryl and Motrin in his tiny body. He did great though! He was really ready to ride on 2 wheels that's for sure! I personally would have waited until he was drug-free, but it worked. Whatever.
Yesterday, I let Ty ride his bike to school with our neighbors. Around 3:10, the phone rang and it was the nurse from school. Ty had wrecked on the way home and they went back to school since they were closer to it than home. Ty said he was glad to be with Christopher because he is a safety patrol and in 5th grade so he knew exactly what to do. What the nurse didn't tell me until I got there was that he needed stitches due to the fall. It was all cleaned up and bandaged when I got there, but Christopher explained to me that if I had seen Star Wars 4, it was just as bad as a cut in that movie. THANKS Mr.Safety Patrol! Sure enough, the ER decided it was bad also and put in 6 stitches in the top of his knee. The same leg he broke in November and since he still had the rods in his leg, he has to be on antibiotics for infection. Oh, and since the knee is such a wonderful place to have stitches in a 10 year old boy, he will have to try not bend his leg for 14 days, maybe more. Then we will go to remove the stitches. Does it ever end with 3 boys around? I don't think so!
Well, that's all for now. I am going to go wrap everyone in bubble wrap so I can ensure a safe end of the evening. Take care.
Friday, September 01, 2006
Oh Ya, I have a blog again
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.jpg)
5 comments:
Glad it wasn't anything worse, I think Ty's guardian angel must be working overtime. Keep that health insurance paid up! Have a great (and safe) weekend!
UUUGH!! I saw you called...we got into this century and got caller I.D. Me miss you. I talked to your funny mommy yesterday, but that is as close as I can get to TKAYLOR!!! Glad Tyler is ok..goodness. Bubble wrap 'em. Oh, and hook 'em.
Glad your back!!!!
Don't forget to post a picture of them in bubble wrap! LOL
Glad he's okay!
Hey I didn't even know you were blogging again. Glad that you're back!
It's fitting that the first time I notice your blog, you're reporting on some injuries in your family. I'd hate to see things too calm in your life. You know you'd get bored.
Post a Comment