CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, September 19, 2006

happy birthday my double digit little boy!

Today is Ty's 10th birthday!! I can't believe that little boy is already in the double digits. I hear we have just entered into a whole new realm of parenthood. But we're not 'skeered'. Our church just started an adolescence class this quarter for 4th and 5th graders to teach them about peer pressure, drugs, you know, the "fun" stuff about growing up, but how to grow up with God in your life to help you with these issues. Last Wednesday night was the first class, taught by 2 RNs and a doctor,all of which are members of our church. I can't believe MY child is in it now. It was always for the 'big' kids at church, not my kids. Ty really liked it and Sunday at his party, they were doing a bungie trampoline jumping thing and the other boys were doing back flips and just being nutty on that thing. When it was Ty's turn, he just jumped straight up and down very cautiously. The other boys were chanting to him "back flip, back flip, back flip". He just kept jumping and saying no, I don't want to. Even his father was heckling him. He never gave in. When he got off, he whispered to me, "Mom, did you hear all of that peer pressure? I didn't give in to them! I learned that in my Discovery Class Wednesday night. Are you proud of me?" How cute is that? I wish that was all the peer pressure he would get in his little life. It starts small I guess and I just pray it lasts for a long time to come. He has been such a joy to have in our family. I think we'll keep him!

2 comments:

Aggiema (Michelle) said...

Happy Birthday Ty! This was a great day to be born, don't you think! Congratulations on being 10! Be proud of him Mom, this means he is listening and learning. Maybe he also remembers the pain of that broken leg and does not want to repeat that for awhile.

Kristen OQ said...

What a sweet story about him not giving in to peer pressure! Happy birthday to your sweet son!