CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, September 08, 2006

Happy Grandparents Day!

Don't forget Sunday is Grandparents Day. My poor mom endured 2 days of school lunches so she could participate in the boy's G-parent days at school. She is a vegetarian and today was nasty, mcnasty sloppy joes and the alternate was ham and cheese munchers. She brown-bagged it! I am so glad that she is living here now so she can do these special things with the boys.

Do you ever have those days where you just need to not do anything important because you just aren't firing on all cylinders, so to speak? Today was that day for me. I am preparing communion at church for the month of September. Not yet aware of my abilities today, I ventured into the kitchen at church and proceed to drop all 32 bread trays, complete with doilies. They are LOUD when they all collapse at one time onto tile flooring. I hear a roaring laughter from the nearby office and 3 people came to see what it was, knowing really what it was, but checking on me due to the loud nature of the accident. Luckily, Karessa offered to help me! Sometimes accidents help out a person. Then, we filled all 60 trays with grape juice and were strategically placing them into the refrigerators, when I bumped the tray on the top of the refrigerator. Luckily it was only one tray that spilt everywhere. Could have been terribly worse. If the communion coordinator could have seen me today, there would be no more communion preps for me.
Have a great day!

3 comments:

Jacinda said...

Don't you just love preparing communion?!? I usually let Chris carry the juice ones. I just KNOW I'd drop them!

Yo Mama! said...

Ay Caramba! I don't know what's worse - dropping communion or your work family already knowing who did it! We'll take the troubles away with a little spin in the gym - only Propel allowed.

Peg said...

I can totally relate! I am have those days when I can't hold on to anything. Have a great weekend!