Sometimes today's technology makes me a little creeped out. For example, the boys and I went to the gym's swimming pool and we have to enter through the family dressing areas. Ty asked me about a sign outside the door that read, Please turn off any cellular devices that have camera capabilites. Oooo, never thought of that. So sad.
Our preschool at church was cleaning out/throwing out different things and I got 2 VHS movies just because they were free. Tanner asked what they were. I told him they were movies and he said, "No. They're too big to be movies mom." I had to remind Mason how to start it in the DVD/VHS player. They really didn't like waiting for it to rewind before they could watch it. Spoiled, I tell ya!
Now to the old, or more mature, I should say. My mom works at the church part-time too and yesterday, she called me when she got home. She started the conversation with, "Well, you are going to hear about this, so I wanted to tell you about it first." Mike (the minister she is assistant to) asked her to find a love poem to put on the back of a funeral booklet he was preparing. He told her "google" love poems and pick out a good one that signified love and marriage, because the couple was so close. So that is what she did. Lots came up and she picked one that said, love, commitment, marriage. Then BOOM.... PORN! She said it came up faster than she could close them out. Cracks me up! Finally, she had to get our office administrator (Charli) to help her because the virus notification came up. Charli had to call our computer guy who said not to touch anything, just leave it but he couldn't be there for another hour or two. In our office, me, mom and Karessa (youth assistant) are all in the same room with computers just there for all to see. I would have LOVED to been there to see my mom's face. She said she was so embarrassed! I imagine so. When she went into the main office, the ladies in there were teasing her, "So Nancy, I hear you got yourself into a little trouble in there." (he he he)
Technology, not for everyone.
Saturday, August 05, 2006
Technology for the Young and Old
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.jpg)
2 comments:
Oh T... that is too funny - and scary at the same time!! Never, ever would I imagine such luck to google something as sweet as a love poem and get porn stuck on the screen IN CHURCH!
I am a little embarrassed for your Mom. Didn't she just start working too? Ay Caramba!
We will be expecting a few folks to go forward for prayers this Sunday! Good thing they only have to go to the back of the church now, no one will know if they are repenting(for viewing porn) or just sneaking out for an early lunch! Too funny!!! I can just picture all of those ladies trying to get it off her screen and trying not to look at the same time!
Post a Comment