Last weekend, Billy and I had a "romantic getaway" so to speak. Let's just say, it was the best of both of our worlds all rolled up in one. We started our belated Valentine's weekend with another couple to Houston. Which is always fun for me. I just love to travel in the backseat with another girl who was equally as carsick as I was. So many pit stops were required. Finally we made it!
We had great seats for the AMA Motocross. The boys were so MAD! But sometimes, that's just what the Momma and the Dada get to do, whatever they want with or without the children! Since Billy got to pick the "main event", I got to choose the hotel. Say hello to Hotel Derek. It was so nice. I felt a little bit, oh I don't know, motorcycle chickish during the day and then Derek made me feel "oh so prissy" when we got back to hotel. While we were in Houston with Billy's best friend, Paul, I made a date with my best friend, Terri! She and her husband just had little Lucus, their first, about 4 months ago, so we ate brunch with them on Sunday. That might have been the highlight of my weekend....but right under the AMA superstars of course. Here are some of the highlights.
There was fire,
Our seats were so good, that one of the main event racers, Josh Hill was sitting right behind us for the intro. This kid is 18~ his poor mother!
And of course lots of motorcycles.
Then was Sunday and my Terri and her sweet new family!
We came home with tons of souvenirs for the boys like t-shirts, posters but no autographs. We actually had pit passes, but with all of our pit stops, we missed the riders while they were doing autographs. I was tempted to scribble something down on a poster, but that would have been so mean and awful! The fact that we stood in line for the shirts for 45 minutes made up for it in our minds. We did bring home this one last souvenir from Derek, as I was calling the hotel by the end of the weekend, this:
We were hoping it would work as well at home as it did at Derek, but not so much! It's nice to be home again~
We already have tickets to take the boys when the AMA races come to Dallas in April. So they will get to see it all too. I love to experience things like this through their eyes. Except the hotel will be more like La Quinta and cuisine from Denny's. Can't wait!
Friday, February 22, 2008
Motocross Mania
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.jpg)
0 comments:
Post a Comment