Laissez Les Bon Temps Roule!!
In honor of all my cajun side of the family, I kept the Brandons alive by making beignets from Cafe' Du Monde but kept the coffee Folgers. The boys should be hitting a major downer from all the powdered sugar during Math for Ty and Science for Mason. Tanner is in preschool so probably during Chapel. Sorry teachers, but Mardi Gras is fun for me!
As an early celebration, Saturday night, I made gumbo with my roux from scratch. My dad would be so proud, yet my uncle thinks I'm crazy for not buying it at HEB. Not the same Uncle Tommy, not the same I argue.
Eating is about as far as I'll take the day. Not planning on throwing beads or flashing anyone, but if nothing else, I might remember that tomorrow is Ash Wednesday. So please don't tell anyone that there is something on their forehead tomorrow. EVERY year I fall into that trap! Just a friendly reminder for anyone else who continually puts their foot in her mouth like me. Ayez un jour grand!
Tuesday, February 05, 2008
Mardi Gras!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.jpg)
0 comments:
Post a Comment