CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Dallas Supercross

We went to the Supercross this weekend in Dallas. The boys LOVED it! Here are some pictures to explain why. We got to take pictures and autographs with Davi Millsaps! He's a celebrity to us. We were in dirtbike heaven. Then, we got to Ivan Tedesco....the picture says it all. Could I have a bigger smile?! YUMMY!!!! Billy knows of my love of Ivan and has approved of this photo to be framed and in our bathroom. Here is Ty and Chad Reed's bike, #22 and then a picture of Chad by his RV. He was a little too busy to sign any more autographs. He's a hot shot. He won, of course.

While in Dallas, we were in a restaurant before the races. I was in the bathroom and while washing my hands, another lady who was washing her hands stopped and said to me, "I usually don't dress like this." which completely took me off guard so I said, "Oh, OK. I think you look great!" Just a bit awkward. Then she proceeded to tell me she just got through with a 20 mile bike ride. Can you tell I'm still a little taken aback from this encounter? I didn't know what to say or why....still don't! The only down side of this entire weekend was the drive on 1-35 when my car's transmission went out! We were only in Hillsboro (still a 4 hour drive from our home) and drove the car at 40 miles an hour (that's all it would go) to Waco and left the Suburban at the airport there so we could rent a car. They only had compact cars!! So all 5 of us and some of our luggage got into the tiny-weeny Kia and drove the rest of the 3 hours. Thanks to Allen Samuels in Waco, the Suburban has a new transmission and she is on her way back home to us. Ah, such an adventure!

4 comments:

Aggiema (Michelle) said...

Never a dull moment! Glad your car is on its way home, sorry you had car troubles, never fun!

MDM said...

NO YOU DID NOT. That guy is not ugly. At all. The girl in the picture is not so bad herself!!!

Meredith said...

Love your hat!

SG said...

You were in my town! Sorry about the burb!