CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, April 21, 2008

Backyardigans


This weekend, we re-mulched our flowerbeds with pecan mulch. Mostly because I like the rich color that it has and it keeps those pesky stay cats from strutting their stuff in our yard. I'm not a kitty cat fan. I grew up in Kingwood, aka "The Livable Forest", so squirrels are nothing new to me, but I realized that the boys were in awe of the squirrel. Now that we have 2 truck loads of pecan mulch in our yard, squirrels have become a regular critter in the yard. I just went out to the back to water and there were 5 squirrels and about 10 white-wing doves getting their nut on. We have a backyard wildlife rescue going on it appears. Since the squirrels have become a regular site, I can not get that song out of my head..."I'm just a squirrel trying to get a nut so move your butt on the dance floor." Who sang that, MC Hammer? I think it was something MDM and I would sing in our dorm room. I guess it's catching on around here because when I came in from watering, I found Ty singing "I'm just a squirrel" and dancing.

On a not-so-critter note, I was the photographer for our church's Mom/Daughter Tea. It was adorable!!! Some of the ladies of the church loaned out their china, which scared me to death, but it was beautiful! One of my favorites:
We have so many talented people in our church and we just happened to have a lady who is an expert at having tea parties. Who knew?! She and 2 of her friends did all the catering. Just look at some of this spread! Yummy!!!

I always volunteer to be involved in froufrou stuff! I love it and can't very well do it for any of my boys' birthday parties. That would be awkward, as Tanner would say.

2 comments:

Aggiema (Michelle) said...

It was a lovely tea party! I loved the lemon tarts and I don't usually like anything lemon (except lemonade)

Where did you get the pecan mulch? We have a huge problem with cats doing their business in our landscaping beds (no flowers to speak of so I can't call them flower beds till later in the summer!) I guess it is cat poop, I never see any cats back there but our Dog digs it up and eats it or rolls in it pretty regularly. So if the pecan mulch will work I want to get some. Too Much Information...I know.

Meredith said...

Love the pics of the tea. I saw cupcakes in the background- YUM!

I think C&C Music Factory sang that song...

I have never heard of pecan mulch. I love the color of it, though! We don't havea cat problem, but a armadillo problem. The look for grubs in my front yard flowerbed. It looks like a mole live in it.