July is hummin' along. We've successfully accomplished swimming lessons for Tanner. The last lesson, Tanner asked Emma, the adorable teacher, if she could ask his mommy if she would please buy her again. He cried when I was putting him to bed that night. Those were "the most funnest time I've ever had. Better than going to Fiesta Texas!" WOW, that's big. Luck for him, Emma is the lifeguard at our neighborhood pool, so he still gets to give her a hug almost every day. Nothing like living directly across the street from the pool. The whole "outta sight, outta mind" motto is not working for us.
OK, now to my silly rant. I know I'm getting old when I have problems with Rated G movies, but seriously! Ratatouille, rated G: the word "hell" is said, way too much red wine drinking and Chef whatever his name was has illegitimate son. Nothing like answering your 10 year who old whispers, "Why is he giving that boy so much wine to drink? To get him drunk?" I'm sorry, but that was weird. I'm old fashioned I guess, but rated G means pure kid, not junk inserted to keep the parents interested. I think Disney paid off the movie critics. This was NOT the best movie of the summer. Off rant!
Evan Almighty, on the other hand, was precious! So many hidden meanings and lessons to learn. I loved it. Now back to life.....
The kids on our street had a lemonade stand, which branched out to ice cream sandwiches, Popsicles and slushys. They made $34.25! There was a line of cars waiting to purchase their yummys. Too cute. Then our neighborhood association had a late 4th of July party on Sunday. Complete with a catered meal, games for all ages and door prizes. So fun.
We're off to another jet ski race. This time, as spectators! Yeah, can't wait. The lake is in College Station, which is always a fun place to visit for the weekend. Here is a picture of Billy who raced last time before he broke his arm. 
Monday, July 09, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.jpg)
1 comments:
Remember when i did not know the difference betwixt wave runner's and jetski's? Weirdo. Hope you peeps have some fun and no bones go a breakin'. Whatever....someone's gonna break something.
Post a Comment