Tuesday, a huge dream of mine came true. I got to ride on the back of motorcycle through the hill country! It was all I knew it would be. When I saw "Kerrville 16 miles" I was so sad that the ride was coming to an end. A friend of ours was getting a new bike and was riding this one to trade it in, so I hopped on back while Billy drove our truck with his other bike in the back. Billy said, he could see me smiling the entire way there! When we finally got to the dealer, Ty ran up to me and hugged me so tight and said, "Mom, I prayed 5 times that you would be OK!" I guess that would be horrible if they were following me and something did happen right in front of them, but God is good and so was that ride! I mean, you could smell so many different things. First rain, then a skunk (wow strong), flowers, everything this beautiful state of Texas has to offer. As we drove by others in boring old cars, there was not one person smiling, only me! I can't wait until we can get a cruiser and go again. So much fun if you ever get the chance!
After that cruise through Texas, Billy and I watched a movie. All during, we could hear hammering, no screaming or yelling, just hammering, so we just kept on watching the movie until there was screaming. So, credits roll and still no sign of the boys. Now I am scared! I go upstairs to see Tanner outside of his room sitting quietly and says, "Hey Mom. The boys are decorating my room for me and it's going to be surprise." Just about then, they were done and I get to see the extreme makeover too.
Needless to say, it was a baseball theme. Nate Berkus would be so proud. Giving credit to the decorators, they did a nice job nailing everything to the wall very straight. The only thing is, they used HUGE nails. Like the ones to build decks with! So my walls are going to be so messed up. Oh well, such is life with decorators.
Here are some pictures I took from the jet ski races.
Our friend, Kory who got 1st overall! Yeah Kory!Our other friend, Paul who got 3rd overall.
Poor Billy as a spectator, which was KILLING him! Tanner sitting quietly with his momma. He's such a great 4 year old.
Mason doing his own thing. Perfectly content to be alone and playing with rocks.

Here is Ty in the lake. He didn't get out I don't think. That boy can't wait until 2 years from now when he can race. I can wait, but he can't!
One last picture. This xray was taken this past Monday. 2 1/2 months after Billy's accident. It is still broken in half! Although it doesn't look like it, there is some new bone growth around the break which is bonding it together...somewhat. Heaven help us!
Wednesday, July 18, 2007
Dream Come True
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.jpg)
2 comments:
Those pictures gave me chills..for real. Those boys are so precious and those are some great pictures that really capture them! Ty is just so big and handsome. So freaking wrong that our kids aren't growing up together. Love the decor...go to SG's blog and see that HGTV thing she links to on her latest...so cool!
Oh my friend, I have missed your blog. It makes me smile broken limbs, beautiful boys, tearing up about "big boys" and a little High School (what's that?) musical and all. Poor Mason... Benadryl is our friend!
Lub u! Lub ur blog! Lub ur fam! Lub your amazing picture taking capabilities (minus the x-ray Dr. T)
Post a Comment