CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Injury Strikes Again!

I would like to think of our home as a Bed and Breakfast retreat, not the hospital/recovery house that it seems to be as of late. Last night, William had, in his words, "a spill" from his dirtbike. When he called and I heard his voice, I could just tell he was in pain but was covering it up for my benefit. He landed on his back and had the wind knocked out of him like nothing he had experienced before.

He was ready to go to the ER when he got home, but desperately needed a shower. We had to cut his shirt off because he couldn't life his arms. We put on some comfy shorts that I could just pull on but then the issue of a shirt was pressing. He said to just get a button shirt. Problem was,it didn't match! I had a hard time putting a nice, dress shirt on with basketball shorts! What is wrong me? I suggested putting on some nice cargo shorts that would be more stylish. I would help him. His look said otherwise. Oh well! I was just kidding.....not really the time I guess.

Our good friend from church is a ER doctor at the hospital we go to, and believe me, we go a lot! He was going in at 9pm and Billy got home at 8:45, so when we got there, Bob had already alerted triage and x-rays. When the x-rays were done, he concluded that he fractured 2 ribs. I feel so bad for poor William. Breathing is painful, the recliner isn't the most comfortable bed in the house and just getting up from the bed/chair makes him grit his teeth. Oh, and I am expecting people calling today answering the ad that I placed to sell all 5 dirtbikes and 1 four-wheeler. I'll cut a screamin'deal! I suspect that is going to hurt alot more than any cracked rib :). But,it's my duty, right?!

2 comments:

Aggiema (Michelle) said...

Poor guy, I hope he heals quickly. I guess this is what I missed out on by marrying a computer nerd and not having any boy children! I am with you on the dirt bikes and 4 wheeler--they gotta go!

Adam said...

I'm sorry to hear about that. I stopped by NS today for lunch, but you weren't there...they told me about William. Hope he recovers, especially with you as nurse...hahahaha. Just kidding. I'm sure he's well taken care of.