CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, May 30, 2008

OD'd on EMO

Last night, we went to our nephew and godson, Evan's graduation from high school. It's been a while since I have been to a high school graduation and WHOA! the emotions all came back from my graduation ceremony. I could taste the excitement of those "kids" and was emotional when they started walking in 2 by 2 with the band playing in the background. The other day, I was getting to my sewing machine and came across some random pictures. HIGH SCHOOL and freshman at ACU pictures. Look here:
Can you tell I was not used to wearing hats? Oh, and nice white hose and shoes!!! Ick~ Then I found this picture of me and my precious roomie, MDM! No, I wasn't on the ACU Wildcat football team. It was the huge Jonathan Martin dress with boat-neck collar and gigantic shoulder pads of 1990's. Mandy and I were waiting for the line at Luby's to go down at the Mall of Abilene after services at Southern Hills/Social Thrills. Hope you don't mind Mandel! You are adorable in this picture, so hopefully you won't be too mad at me?! Love you!!! Who knew I would meet a best friend for a lifetime right after shaking a man's hand who said I passed high school and could go on to college!

Some more reasons why I'm overloaded:
*don't have a preschooler anymore
*I just know someone at Elementary school will correct Tanner from saying 'prayground' instead of 'playground' (sad day!)
*Tanner saying to me that "God made him to sing because I'm a good singer. I didn't understand that until I was 4 and then I said to myself, 'I should sing too in chapel' so now all I do is sing to God."
*"Mom, you should hold me now while you still can. I'm going to Kindergarten you know?"
*"Mom, today is my last day at Preschool. I'm gonna need an alarm clock so I can start getting up when the big boys get up."
*"You are the best mom in the whole world! Even in China."
Ok, that's enough for now....can't see through the tears. We love our baby Kindergartner! (notice the tears in daddy's eyes)

2 comments:

MDM said...

What a precious lil grad!!!! You and him. Man, I love those two little girls in that picture and want to transform right back to that day!!!!! We really did have the bestest times there in A-town. Too bad my navy dooney does not show in that picture. Gosh, I think my dress was April Cornell. Would a freshmen in college EVER wear April Cornell now? Never ever. William D is a precious daddy to those boys of yours. Next year is going to be wrong with little T in school daily. You will have to love on little Owen. I miss you like crazy. Crazy.

Meredith said...

Now I have tears in my eyes!(sniff, sniff)

You are about to join the club of "No kids at home" and it is a little emotional for a few months, but you get over it quickly!